Posted: Oct 23, 2011 1:59 PM by David Sherman (Great Falls)
Updated: Oct 24, 2011 11:21 AM
Here is a list of some of the Halloween and Autumn-themed events in and around Great Falls during the next several days; if you would like your event added to the list, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and include as many details as possible, including an address and phone number.
- Kids Funtastic Fall Festival, Monday, October 31, at the Four Season Arena at Montana ExpoPark, from 6 pm to 9 pm. Admission is free, but canned food donations are encouraged. Games, candy, petting zoo, inflatable jumpers, rock-climbing wall, a Nintendo WII-cade, and carnival games. Because this is a family-friendly event, we ask that there be no masks or scary or gory costumes. For more information, please contact Harvest Springs Community Church at 761-3903.
- Treat Street at Holiday Village Mall between 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31; participating mall merchants will greet costumed children ages ten and under accompanied by an adult as the youngsters trick or treat in comfort at Holiday Village Mall.
- Spook-A-Roo at the University of Great Falls' Student Center on Monday, October 31 from 6 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. Open to families with children aged 12 and under Student Center. Student clubs will sponsor activities throughout the night, including carnival-style games (with prizes), a cake walk, pumpkin bowling, a photo booth, a haunted house, and much more for an evening of trick-or-treating fun! A separate area will be set up for younger children, offering activities such as face-painting and a bean bag toss. Hot chocolate, warm apple cider and cotton candy will be served. Families are also welcome to trick-or-treat with children in Emilie Hall, the freshman residence hall. This event is free to the public, with donations of a non-perishable food item optional. For more information, call (406) 791-5294.
- Free Halloween pictures at Ace Hardware in Great Falls on Monday, October 31, between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Both locations are participating, on NW Bypass and 10th Avenue South. Pictures can be picked up on Saturday, November 12th.
- Sparkettes Haunted House and Halloween Town; cost is $5 and a can of food. This year, 30 frightful rooms have been built from scratch in the FFA Barn at the Montana ExpoPark fairgrounds.
- Sterling Cattle Corn Maze near Vaughn: Open weekends, September 24 through October 30; admission, ages 5 and up -- $8.00, under age 5 -- free. In addition to Ranch Admission, a $5.00 wristband is required for the Haunted Maze! Friday, 5-9 pm; Saturday, 1-9 pm; Sunday, 1-6 pm. For more information, call 406.965.3581.
- The Chouteau County Sheriffs Office Haunted House on Saturday, October 29th from 5-10pm and Monday October 31st from 5-9pm. It will be located at the Livestock Barn at the Chouteau County Fairgrounds in Fort Benton. A can of food for the food bank will get you in the door. We will also have a donation jar set up. This is even bigger and better than last year! Hollywood Horror Night is a tribute to some classic horror movies...and some that aren't so scary on screen, but will be in our haunted house! Come on down for a great scare and spread the word!