Nov 8, 2012 1:53 PM by STORMTracker Weather Team
Winter Watch: Warnings, snowfall amounts and timing
The STORMTracker Weather Team is tracking a winter storm that is dumping heavy snow across Montana.
Over the next 48 hours, Mike Rawlins, Matt Jones and Claire Anderson will be working around the clock to keep you ahead of the storm.
Stay with STORMTracker Weather for continuous coverage on-air and online.
- 6-15" at lower elevations
- 1-2' in mountain passes and mountain peaks
- Great Falls: 11-14"
- Helena: 10-13"
- Lewistown: 11-14"
- Havre: 9-12"
- Cut Bank: 9-12"
- Glasgow: 10-13"
- Moderate/heavy snow developing Thursday afternoon and continuing into late evening
- Light snow early Friday morning
- Moderate snow developing again late Friday morning into the afternoon
- Periods of light snow continuing off and on into early Saturday morning
- Dangerous travel conditions due to snow covered and ice-packed roadways
- Limited visibility due to areas of falling and blowing snow
- Frigid temperatures with wind chill values as low as -15
- Possible power outages in areas with leaves still on trees