Crow Agency woman beaten, burned in April has died - KRTV News in Great Falls, Montana

Crow Agency woman beaten, burned in April has died

Posted: Updated:
RidesHorse was being treated at a hospital for burns. (GoFundMe) RidesHorse was being treated at a hospital for burns. (GoFundMe)
RidesHorse died Tuesday morning (Facebook) RidesHorse died Tuesday morning (Facebook)

The Crow Agency woman who was burned and left for dead in a field near Busby in April has died.

Roylynn RidesHorse was pronounced dead around 4 a.m. Tuesday, according to a Big Horn County official and the woman's family.

"I'm still in shock," said Trista FogInTheMorning. "I thought for sure my auntie would bring her home and we would see her again."

RidesHorse died after spending several weeks in an intensive care burn unit out of state.

RidesHorse was beaten, burned alive and left naked in a field after a night at the Kirby Saloon. She was not discovered for 14 hours.

"I lay awake at night wondering where I was, what I was doing when she way laying out there for 14 hours," said FogInTheMorning. "She was out there all alone."

Dimarzio Swade Sanchez and Angelica Jo Whiteman have been charged in federal court with attempted murder and assault of RidesHorse, but those charges will likely be amended.

Sanchez and Whiteman offered to take RidesHorse home to Crow Agency after she got into an argument with her boyfriend.

Whiteman allegedly beat RidesHorse and the woman was then doused in lighter fluid and set on fire.

A motive has not yet been identified in court records."That's what is most shocking to me is how could a human being do that to another person?" said FogInTheMorning. "I think that's why Lynn was able to let go today. She wanted to stay strong for her babies and let them know that justice would be served."

RidesHorse was a mother of six young children.

FogInTheMorning led a march two weeks ago to honor RidesHorse and demand action and information from investigating authorities, who have offered limited information throughout the investigation.

The FBI and BIA have been investigating.

Both suspects are being held at the Yellowstone County jail without bond.


2 arrested for attempted murder of Crow Agency woman

Family of Busby burn victim say woman is alive, but recovery is uncertain

"Walking by Faith" march seeks justice for Crow woman burned and dumped on reservation

Powered by Frankly

© KRTV.com 2018, KRTV.com
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?