Quantcast

Pets die in Missoula house fire - KRTV News in Great Falls, Montana

Pets die in Missoula house fire

Posted: Updated:

The Missoula Fire Department says that four dogs, along with a few other pets, died after being caught in a Monday evening house fire in the Lower Rattlesnake area.

"Our primary search of the structure there were no people found. The secondary search there were four dogs total that we pulled out so far and then some other animals that didn't make it," said Jeff Brandt, Missoula Fire Department Assistant Chief of Operations.

Firefighters were called to reports of a house fire in the 2300 block of Gilbert Avenue just after 6 p.m. on Monday. 

Brandt told MTN News that the first crews to arrive immediately put the fire out and continued to knock out ceilings and walls to search for secondary fires.

There was extensive smoke and fire damage throughout the front part of the home, but crews still tried to save some of the homeowner's valuables. 

Brandt said an investigation into what sparked the fire is underway.

The home sustained an estimated $95,000 in damage as a result of the fire.

There were no reports of injuries to any people.

WEATHER
Powered by Frankly

© KRTV.com 2017, KRTV.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?