The chilly temperatures mean it's more important than ever to make sure families stay warm this winter.
That's why First Interstate Banks across the state are collecting winter apparel through their 'Coats and More' coat drive.
The bank has collected more than 30,000 coats to date that were donated to non-profit organizations and schools in Montana.
Banks around Montana and neighboring states including Wyoming, Washington, and Idaho are now collecting new and gently used coats, boots, hats, mittens, and warm apparel.
The three locations in Great Falls, 2601 10th Avenue South, 12 3rd Street Northwest, and 211 5th Street North, will donate collected items to the Great Falls Children's Receiving Home.
According to employees, it's great to see area residents help each other through the drive.
"A lot of people that aren't even clients of First Interstate will come in and just hearing about it through other members in the community, they'll come in and drop that stuff off," First Interstate Bank Mortgage Lender Jacob Gonser said.
First Interstate Bank's statewide 'Coats and More' drive will collect winter apparel until Friday, November 10.
GREAT FALLS CHILDREN'S RECEIVING HOME WISH LIST:
- New or gently-used bath towels and washcloths
- Pull-Ups/Good Nights and sizes 4, 5, and 6 Diapers
- Twin size sheets and bedding (new please)---also new pillows
- Liquid Hand Soaps and Liquid Body Wash (no bar soap please)
- Toilet tissue, Kleenex, paper towels, napkins
- Cleaning supplies—Clorox Wipes, Magic Erasers, Disinfectants, etc.
- Laundry supplies—Liquid or Pod Laundry Detergent; Fabric Softener (both types—liquid and sheets); Bleach; Bleach Tablets or Granules (Walmart has)
- Boy’s and Girl’s Clothing all sizes, including teen-sized clothing
- Gift certificates for clothing clothing/toys/misc—i.e. Old Navy, Ross, JcPenney, Maurices, Walmart, Shopko, Target, Kmart, Champs, Scheel’s, TJ Maxx, Barnes and Noble, etc.
- Athletic short socks and socks of all sizes (new please)
- Bras and packaged underwear (younger children and teens)—new please
- Feminine hygiene products (tampons and sanitary napkins)
- Batteries (All Sizes)—always need
- Movie Gift Cards (Carmike 10)
- Canned and non-perishable food items (unopened)
- Shoes (all sizes, including adult sizes—boys and girls)
- Postage stamps—always need
- 18 gallon Rubbermaid containers (for children’s belongings)
- Mini Stereo Systems/Boomboxes
- DVD videos—Rated “G” through PG-13
- New Kitchenware (primarily pots/pans, plates and silverware)
- Dishwasher Detergent (powder or pods only, please)
- New Toys (any)
- Gift certificates for Gasoline Purchases (Holiday, Loaf n Jug, Town Pump etc.)
- Bowling Gift Certificates, Rollerskating Gift Certificates
- Gift certificates for local restaurants (we sometimes have “eat out” nights)—McDonald’s, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Hardees, Domino’s, etc.
- Non-latex Gloves (Size Large)
- I-Tunes, Google Play, Amazon Gift Cards
- Youth/Teen (boy/girl) collegiate/pro sport sweatshirt hoodies
- Craft items
- Anything your home can use, we use in quantity!
- Teenage boy/girl gift items
- Used Luggage (no rips, tears, broken zippers, etc., please)
- WE ALWAYS ARE IN NEED OF FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Contact for pick-up: 727-4842/4843