Great Falls residents Bob and Sandy Samsel lost their home to a fire on Saturday night.
A donation page has been created to help the family; it states:
Bob and Sandy Samsel's house was destroyed in a fire last night. Thankfully they have home insurance, but they have lost everything. from glasses, to clothes, to phones and computers, they will need to replace everything. We are creating a fundraiser to help them begin to get their lives back in order. If you could donate a few dollars this holiday season, it would be appreciate. All proceeds will go directly to Bob and Sandy Samsel and their dog Bingo! Thank you for taking the time to care.
The recovery fund is asking for $5,000 and as of Sunday evening, had almost raised $3,000.
A family member told KRTV the couple is staying with relatives and the Red Cross has been contacted. According to Great Falls Fire Rescue, the fire was fast-moving and wind-driven. GFFR offered thoughts and prayers to the homeowners and their material loss.
Jana Weaver posted on the KRTV Facebook page: "This was absolutely awful to see happen to this nice couple last night. Thank you so very much to all who helped us get them and their neighbors out of their homes and to safety. Also thank you to the nice young man driving by that stopped and allowed us to put the neighbors children in his car to keep them warm and to the other neighbors that offered blankets and support to these people. Police and fire fighters were very skilled and kind in handling this devastating situation."
There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.
PREVIOUSLY: No injuries reported in Great Falls house fire