Big Horn County issued new requirements Friday, including mandated temperature checks and face masks for all employees of businesses that serve food, to fight the county's recent upswing in COVID-19 cases.
Here are the highlights of the order, according to Health Officer Rhonda Johnson:
· Employees at all businesses in Big Horn County must have their temperature checked before starting work and every eight (8) hours while on shift. No business will allow an employee with a temperature of over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit to work.
· All establishments that provide any type of food service or sales, including restaurants, convenience and grocery stores, bars, and casinos, as well as lodges, shuttle services, long-term rental units (such as VRBO, Home Away, and Airbnb), campgrounds, and parks, must require employees to wear masks for the protection of their customers and must follow strict sanitation guidelines;
· Beginning June 13, 2020 at 12:31a.m., those establishments must also offer and encourage the wearing of masks to customers;
· All dine-in establishments, bars, and casinos must revert to 50% seating capacity, or the maximum allowed while still providing social distancing, whichever is less, and no more than six (6) seated per table if the patrons arrive and leave together; self-service food bars and dining counters remain closed; all patrons must vacate establishments at or before 12:30 a.m. local time;
· Dining establishments, gyms, theaters, and museums that have not reopened must provide a written reopening plan and have it approved by the Local Health Officer prior to reopening;
· Barber shops, salons, and massage therapy businesses need to maintain social distancing and follow strict sanitation guidelines;
· Gatherings of up to 50 people or the maximum allowable to provide for social distancing, whichever is less, are allowed when strict social distancing can be maintained; and,
· Gatherings, including but not limited to worship services, wedding ceremonies, and funeral services, may have up to 100 people or the maximum allowable to maintain social distancing, whichever is less. However, receptions after services or ceremonies, are limited to 50 people, or the maximum allowable to maintain for social distancing, whichever is less. The maximum number of people allowed to sit at a table is six (6). Everyone in attendance at any gathering must be offered a mask.
Read the full order from the health officer here .