GREAT FALLS — Governor Steve Bullock plans to host a news conference on Tuesday at 2 p.m. An email from his office says that he plans to announce an extension of the "stay at home" order ; the original order was issued on March 26 and runs through Friday, April 10. He indicated last week that the extension, which will include school closures, will likely last through Friday, April 24.
You can watch the news conference live on KRTV, or in the video player here:
As of Tuesday (April 7), there have been a total of 319 confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Montana, and six deaths (source/map). There have been three deaths in Toole County (see below), and one each in Lincoln County, Madison County, and Missoula County.
There have now been 28 hospitalizations of COVID-19 patients in Montana, and 57 recovered patients. The DPHHS public health lab in Helena has completed 6,985 tests for COVID-19.
Cases By County:
- Yellowstone County; 47 Total Cases | 7 New Cases
- Flathead County: 31 Total Cases | 5 New Cases
- Gallatin County: 119 Total Cases | 2 New Cases
- Carbon County: 2 Total Cases | 1 New Cases
- Lewis and Clark County: 15 Total Cases | 1 New Cases
- Beaverhead County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Broadwater County: 4 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Cascade County: 11 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Deer Lodge County: 3 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Glacier County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Hill County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Jefferson County: 2 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Lake County: 5 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Liberty County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Lincoln County: 7 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Madison County: 8 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Meagher County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Missoula County: 24 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Musselshell County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Park County: 6 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Ravalli County: 2 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Roosevelt County: 1 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Silver Bow County: 11 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
- Toole County: 15 Total Cases | 0 New Cases
TOOLE COUNTY: According to the state COVID-19 website, there are now 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Toole County. The county had been reporting 16 cases, but now reflects 15. Three of Montana's six COVID-19 deaths have been Toole County residents. Click here for more details about the situation in Toole County. We have a reporter in Shelby today to get more information about the situation and response.
CASCADE COUNTY: As of Sunday evening, there are 11 confirmed COVID-19 cases. They are 2 women between the ages of 20-29; 1 man between 30-39; 1 man between 40-49; 3 women and 2 men between 50-59; 1 man between 60-69; and 1 man between 80-89. KRTV has confirmed that at least one of those patients was hospitalized in Great Falls. The City-County Health Department in Great Falls continues working with the patients to determine who they may have been in direct contact with, and communicating with anyone who may have been exposed. The CCHD says that due to federal privacy laws (HIPAA), they will not release any other information about the patients, including where they live.
US/WORLD: According to Johns Hopkins University, the worldwide numbers as of Tuesday morning are: 1,365,004 confirmed COVID-19 cases; 76,507 deaths; and 292,467 patients have recovered. The U.S. numbers are: 369,069 confirmed cases; 11,018 deaths; and 20,003 patients have recovered.
- Model predicts fewer deaths in MT than original estimate
- Why it's hard to know exactly how many people have recovered
- Toole County: 16 cases of COVID-19, 3 deaths
- National Guard troops activated for COVID-19 response in Montana
- Unemployment claims skyrocket in Montana due to COVID-19
- Joint Information Center ready to answer COVID-19 questions
- "Stay at home" order aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19
- What businesses are considered "essential" in Montana?
- Lincoln County man identified as first COVID-19 death in Montana
- Why COVID-19 is causing more concern than the flu