GREAT FALLS — The Cascade County Elections Office provides the following information about the November 3rd general election.
The November 3, 2020 Presidential General Election will be conducted by mail ballot with an in-person voting option available October 2, 2020 through Election Day, November 3, 2020. Registration and ballot request deadlines have also been extended. Please review the following:
- Ballots will be mailed to active and provisionally registered voters starting October 9th, 2020.
- Return postage is prepaid. You do not need to add any postage to the return envelope if you return your ballot by mail.
- We will continue to mail out ballots on a daily basis as new request are processed. Within a week of the election, we recommend you appear in-person to request a ballot if you have not yet voted.
Early Voting & Mail-In
We hope that our voters will take advantage of the opportunity to vote through the mail and to vote early. This will reduce the number of people that need to vote in-person on Election Day, and will therefore reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission to voters and election workers. Our in-person operation will be socially distanced, will require that you wear a mask and will be operated according to public health guidelines. Both your right to vote and your safety are important to us.
We have expanded our office hours at 325 2nd Avenue North to accommodate the folks that wish to drop their ballots off in-person. Our office hours are as follows:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am to 5 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 4 pm (October 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st)
- Monday, November 2nd, 2020: 7 am to 5 pm, Ballot Drop-Off Only at 325 2nd Avenue N. Ballot Drop-Off will be available at Exhibition Hall at Montana Expo Park from 7 am to 5 pm. Voter Registration will be available from 7 am to noon
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020: Ballot Drop-Off, Drive-By Ballot Drop-Off and In-Person Voting will take place at Exhibition Hall at Montana Expo Park from 7 am to 8 pm.
Auto-Mark Voting Machine
We will provide additional places of deposit that will be equipped with an auto-mark voting machine on Election Day only and the hours of operation will be 7 am to 8 pm and are as follows:
- Belt Senior Center - 19 Castner Street
- Main Office - 325 2nd Avenue North
- Sun River Senior Center - 13319 Montana Highway 200, Fort Shaw
- Vaughn Volunteer Fire Station - 14 4th Street
- Wedsworth Hall, Cascade - 13 Front Street
If you have questions or need more information, call the Elections Office at 406-454-6803, or click here to visit the website.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Friday, October 2: Early voting begins at 7:00 a.m.
- Monday, October 26: Close of registration
- Tuesday, October 27: Late registration begins. This means that a person must come into the office in person. Prior to this, we will accept registration applications through the mail.
- All ballots must be received by 8:00 pm on Tuesday, November 3.
- Currently Montana does not accept a post mark; ballots must be in the office by 8:00 pm on election day.
1. Request an absentee ballot. Print it out, sign it and mail the request form back to your county board of elections.
2. Receive your ballot in the mail.
3. Fill your ballot out. You can mail it back or deliver it in person to your local county elections board.
Frequently Asked Questions
What assistance is there for voters with disabilities? Montana’s Statewide Elections have various options for voters with disabilities or voters who need special assistance; click here for details.
What are my voting options if I'm a member of the armed forces or overseas? Click here to learn how to vote if you are a member of the armed forces or are otherwise overseas.