(HELENA) The Lewis & Clark County Sheriff’s Office lifted some evacuation orders at noon on Wednesday.
As of Wednesday morning, the North Hills Fire has burned approximately 4,600 acres and is 15 percent contained. There have not been any reported injuries.
Residents will be allowed back into their homes in the following areas:
• American Bar Subdivision
• Eldorado Heights Subdivision
• Everything south of North Slope Road and Overland Road
• On or south of Overland Road
• On or south of North Slope Road
According to the Sheriff’s office, only people who live in those areas will be allowed in. The area is still closed to the general public and roadblocks remain in place.
Evacuation orders remain in place in for the following areas:
• Noble Lane
• Snowdrift Road east of Ferry Drive
• Tea Road east of Ferry Drive
• Big Belt Drive
• Westhaven Road
• Black Sandy Loop
• Timber Trail north of Overland Road
• Black Sandy Campground
• White Sandy Campground
Information from the Type II team managing the fire is available on the North Hills Fire Inciweb page or by calling the fire information line at 406-458-3508
- Reported by Eric Jochim – MTN News