NewsGreat Falls News

Actions

GFPS Foundation truck raffle is underway

Posted: 2:30 PM, Jul 17, 2019
Updated: 2019-07-17 20:02:11-04

Those looking for a brand new truck have the chance to win a 2020 Toyota Tacoma.

The Great Falls Public School Foundation’s 7th annual truck raffle kicked off on July 4th.

Fifty-six school groups are selling $10 tickets this year.

Along with the new truck, which is donated by City Motors, ticket holders can also win a $1,000 gift card from North 40 Outfitters.

GFPS Foundation Executive Director Dave Crum said over half of ticket sales (60 percent) benefit school groups while the rest (40 percent) fund teacher grants.

Crum expects the fundraiser to raise around $120,000 for educators alone, which is around the same amount raised in past years.

He added it’s amazing to see students step up to sell tickets that directly benefit their education.

“All of these different groups see that they can advance their organization,” he said. “But they can advance GFPS Foundation in getting money to teachers.”

Student groups will sell tickets daily at the Montana State Fair, which takes place July 26th through August 3rd at the Montana ExpoPark, located at 400 3rd St. N.W.

Those interested in purchasing a ticket can also call the GFPS Foundation office at (406) 268-7340.

The winning tickets will be drawn during half time of the C.M. Russell/Great Falls High crosstown football game on October 25th. You can buy tickets up until kickoff at 7 p.m. that night.