NewsGreat Falls News

Actions

Overnight fire at Great Falls apartment building ruled accidental

KRTV-Default-Image-1280x720.png
Posted at 5:53 PM, Apr 22, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-22 20:16:28-04

GREAT FALLS — A fire that damaged the Glacier Apartments building in Great Falls early Wednesday has been deemed accidental.

Four tenants were taken to a hospital; there is no word on the severity or nature of their injuries.

The fire was reported at about 1:30 a.m. at the Glacier Apartments building at 505 3rd Avenue North.

Great Falls Fire Rescue says the fire has been ruled accidental due to overheated cooking oil on a stove. There is severe fire damage to the apartment and substantial smoke damage throughout the building.

Firefighters rescued three tenants and assisted with tenant evacuations.

The American Red Cross is providing food and temporary lodging to 21 families who have been displaced, and provided blankets, drinks, and food to the tenants of during the emergency. If we get word of how people can help the families, we will post an update.