GREAT FALLS — Great Falls Fire Rescue responded to reports of a structure fire on the northwest side of Great Falls on Sunday night. Crews were working to put out the fire at around 7 p.m.
A neighbor told MTN News the fire was burning the garage at a house on Fourth Avenue Northwest by Great Falls Sand & Gravel, and was put out just before 8 p.m.
"I’m praising Great Falls Fire Rescue for their quick response," the neighbor said.
People were asked to avoid the area as crews worked to put out the fire.
GFFR has not released any information yet about whether there were any people inside the residence, if there were any injuries, or the extent of the damage.
We're working to get details, and we'll update you when we learn more.
(UPDATE, DECEMBER 14) Great Falls Fire Rescue said in a news release that the detached garage and all its contents were destroyed by the fire.
There was no damage to the home or surrounding structures. There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental. No other details have been released.