BILLINGS — Resource Education & Agriculture Leadership (REAL) Montana is the first comprehensive two year-program offering in-depth education and training in the agriculture and natural resource industries.
REAL Montana is a two-year cycle of classes, tours, networking opportunities, and travel designed to heighten knowledge and enhance skills of emerging leaders. Participants analyze complex issues associated with agriculture and natural resources while receiving intensive leadership training and exposure to a wide range of experiences and viewpoints. Classes consist of up to 20 participants competitively selected to represent a wide variety of natural resource industries across the state. REAL Montana seeks diversity in all aspects of class structure, including geography, gender, and industry sectors.
The target audience is adults who earn a substantial percentage of their livelihoods from Montana natural resources who demonstrate the willingness and aptitude for long-term leadership in their respective industries.
The program features eight in-state seminars held in rotating locations across Montana. In Year One, participants also travel to Washington D.C. for a 5-7 day national seminar. Year Two includes a 10-day international trip. Each in-state seminar typically runs from Thursday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.
Seminars are a mix of leadership training, educational tours, in- and out-of-state travel, and networking opportunities. Program content includes agriculture institutions and agencies, natural resource development, public speaking/media, economics, policy, international trade, urban/rural relationships, water issues, transportation, labor and production costs, entrepreneurship, and other current industry topics.
REAL Montana Class IV Members:
- Collette Anderson, East Helena: Project Manager, Great West Engineering
- Zachary Bashoor, Missoula: Owner/Forest Consultant, Bashoor Land Management, LLC
- Leanne Bodell, White Sulphur Springs: Real Estate Broker/Manager, Clearwater Montana Properties
- Colleen Buck, Plentywood: Agriculture and 4-H Agent, MSU Extension
- Shawn Fladager, Great Falls: Insurance Agent/Branch Manager, Northwest Farm Credit Services
- Orry Fruit, Fort Benton: Assistant Branch Manager and Loan Officer, First Bank of Montana
- Courtney Greyn, Columbus: Environmental Engineer, Sibanye-Stillwater Mine
- Mike Hatten, Helena: Principal Engineer/Intermountain Operations Manager, Tetra Tech, Inc.
- Skyler Hoefer, Frenchtown: Forester, Idaho Forest Group
- Cynthia Johnson, Conrad: Co-owner, Desert Claim Farms, Inc.
- Robert Koelzer, Kalispell: Safety and Operations Manager, Schellinger Construction
- Joel Krautter, Sidney: Attorney, Netzer Law Office, P.C.
- Dustin Martens, Forsyth: Engineering Supervisor/Lands Analyst, Westmoreland Rosebud Mining, LLC
- Merrill McKamey, Great Falls: Rancher, McKamey West, Inc
- Justin Miller, Gilford: President, Sandy Rock Farms
- John Morgan, Butte: Human Resources Manager, Pioneer Technical Services
- Sydney Ressel, Belgrade: President/Executive Producer, Backcountry Media, LLC
- Tayla Snapp, Lewistown: Community Relations and Stakeholder Outreach Specialist, TransCanada
- Anna Stitt, Helena: Senior Manager/Certified Public Accountant, Anderson ZurMuehlen
- Sue Ann Streufert, Bozeman: Director of Member Relations, Montana Farm Bureau Federation
For more information, click here to visit the REAL Montana website.