WEST GLACIER - Glacier National Park officials have provided an update on the closure of Going-to-the-Sun Road. The iconic road will open through Logan Pass "no earlier than" July 13, 2022.
"This date is not a prediction of when the road will open - it is to help with trip planning purposes," a social media post notes.
Visitors may access Going-to-the-Sun Road via the St. Mary entrance on the east side without a vehicle reservation until the road is open to Logan Pass.
The park's free shuttle will accommodate the late opening:
- On the west side: Starting July 1, shuttles will run from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, offering all stops between Apgar and Avalanche Campground. A shuttle with a bike trailer will also be running.
- On the east side: starting July 1, the shuttles will run from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m for all stops between St. Mary and Sun Point. A shuttle with a bike trailer will also be running.
For more information, visit http://ow.ly/2mr550JK8Py
- Groundbreaking for new GF apartments
- Man gored by bison in Yellowstone park
- GF man charged after shooting and chase
- Obituary: John "Jack the Beer Man" Pepos
- Independence Day celebrations
- Montana State Fair: concert acts