UVALDE, Texas — The husband of one of the teachers who died in the elementary school shooting in Texas has also died.
Irma Garcia’s husband Joe died just two days after the tragic shooting.
Their family said Joe suffered a heart attack and “passed away due to grief.”
The couple was married for 24 years and leave behind four children.
The couple’s youngest child was in 7th grade.
According to her teacher profile, this was Irma’s 23rd year of teaching. Her entire career in education was at Robb Elementary School.
She had been co-teaching with Eva Mireles for five years, the second teacher to have died in the shooting.
- RECAP: lockdown at CMR High School
- Obituary: Lisa Marie LaVerdure-Stokes
- Montana State Fair adds Cheap Trick
- Slaughter denies 'extremist' charge
- Crumbl Cookies coming to Great Falls