GREAT FALLS — The City-County Health Department in Great Falls hosted a news conference on Friday to address the increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases. There will also be representatives from Benefis Health System, Great Falls Clinic, Alluvion Health, Malmstrom Air Force Base, City of Great Falls, Great Falls Public Schools, and the Cascade County Commission.
There were 665 new cases and five new deaths added to the total on the Montana COVID-19 tracking site on Friday morning. The data below is from the official Montana website on October 16:
- TOTAL CASES & RECOVERIES: There have been 21,595 cumulative cases statewide, with 13,212 people recovered.
- HOSPITALIZATIONS: There are 319 current hospitalizations, and a cumulative total of 986 hospitalizations.
- DEATHS: The cumulative number of deaths in Montana is at 235.
- ACTIVE CASES: The state reports there are currently 8,148 active COVID-19 cases in Montana.
- TESTING: There were 5,630 completed tests, for a new cumulative state-wide total of 425,462.
Numbers reported by the state each day occasionally differ from those reported by county public health departments due to periodic lag times in reporting data to the state. We encourage people to check the official website and/or Facebook page of their respective county health department for any information that is not yet included in the state's daily updates.
Based on additional data from county public health departments, MTN News is reporting a total of 251 deaths.
- CDC addresses survival rates, chronic conditions
- MT releases first hospital capacity report
- What constitutes a recovery? Click here for details
- Why are cases increasing? Click here for details
- Privacy laws and HIPAA: Click here for details