GREAT FALLS — The annual Christmas Stroll in downtown Great Falls will be on Friday, December 6th, from 5 pm to 9 pm. This year’s theme is “Holly Jolly Christmas." The event takes place along Central Avenue from the Civic Center extending to 8th Street, and features dozens of craft and food vendors and music, and many downtown shops stay open for the event.
In order to set up all of the activities and vendors, several streets will be closing at noon on Friday. Street closures will start at Park Drive (100 block) and go up to 6th Street; the 700 and 800 blocks will be closed at 4PM.
The Downtown Great Falls Association provided a list of several highlights:
- 100 Block will have a German Market, hosted by Kellergeist Pub - check out the fun vendors and craft items for sale.
- 200 Block will have many non-profits and activities happening all up and down the block.
- 300 Block will host Santa, along with his elves and sleigh. He is set to arrive around 6 PM on 8th Street and will walk his way down to his sleigh.
- Santa's Village will be in the lobby of Opportunity Bank on 3rd Street and 1st Ave North.
- 400 Block will be the host to Special Olympics Polar Plunge that kicks off at 7 pm.
- 500 Block will have Central Montana Radio's 12 Days of Christmas Cash happening around 8 pm, following the Polar Plunge.
- 600 Block will feature the Historic Trolley that will be selling Stroll Buttons (purchase for $5 and will also be selling the Historic Preservation Committee's holiday ornament.
- 700 Block will lead you straight to City Bar for their famous Tom and Jerry's or the Sip N' Dip for a fishbowl!
Christmas Stroll buttons can be found at the following locations: Belle's & Lace Bridal, Candy Masterpiece, Blue Rose, City Bar, Dragonfly Dry Goods, Feather Your Nest, First Interstate Bank - Downtown location only, Downtown Association, Kaufman's, Mighty Mo Brew Pub., Motifs, MT Mosaics, My Viola, Pizazz, 5th & Wine, Gallery 16.
Prizes donated from: Belles & Lace Bridal, Blue Rose, Brush Crazy, Candy Masterpiece, City Bar, Downtown Great Falls Association, Dragonfly Dry Goods, Easter Seals-Goodwill, Ferrin’s Furniture, First Interstate Bank, In Cahoot's for Tea, Kaufman’s Menswear, Klover, Mighty Mo Brewing Co., Mind Body Yoga, Great Falls Voyagers, Pizazz, Sora & Co., State Farm (Pam Alfred), US Bank.
This year's grand prize will be a Downtown Staycation package which includes: 1 night stay at The Hotel Arvon, Gift Certificate to 5th & Wine, Lunch for 2 at the Block, a Gift Card to Elevation 3330, Truffles from Candy Masterpiece, an arrangement from Feather Your Nest.