More information has been released about what happened during the July riot at the Cascade County Detention Center.
According to court documents, several inmates stated the riot was planned and some inmates dressed in preparation for something to take place in N-Pod.
One inmate said he heard others say “something crazy was going to happen.”
Several inmates stated the riot started after one inmate told others that a deputy told them to lock down or they would make them.
Inmates broke sprinklers, cell doors, ceiling tiles, cameras, and they covered vents to stop pepper spray from being released.
The information in the charging documents is a combination of interviews and about 20 minutes of video footage before the cameras were broken.
According to Commander Dan O’Fallon, the inmates caused $22,378.21 worth of damage during the riot.
N-Pod is currently fully operational, but the cell doors still need to be fully fixed and the sprinklers also need some work.
As of Tuesday, the jail population sits at 440 inmates.
(September 24, 2018) On Monday, Cascade County Attorney Josh Racki announced that charges are being filed against 14 inmates who allegedly instigated or participated in a riot at the Cascade County Detention Center in July.
The riot involved dozens of inmates and caused more than $22,000 in damage to the jail.
Here is the list of inmates and felony charges announced on Monday:
- Jory James Alexander: riot; criminal incitment; criminal mischief
- Gordon James Bacon: riot; criminal mischief
- Ernest Anthony Beavers: criminal incitement
- James Dean Bird: riot; criminal mischief
- Samuel Donnley Boutwell: riot; criminal incitement
- Zane Zachary Clark: riot
- Brandon Lee Craft: criminal incitement
- Ralph Gibson Laverdure: riot; criminal incitement; criminal mischief
- Jordan James Lopez: riot; criminal incitement; criminal mischief
- Pablo Ramon Lopez: riot; criminal incitement; criminal mischief
- Beau Herman Miller: riot
- Richard Lawrence Morsette: riot
- Zachary Paul Potts: riot; criminal incitement; criminal mischief
- Geral Alysuis Stillsmoking: riot; criminal incitement; criminal mischief
We will update you as we get more information.