NewsCrime and Courts


Great Falls man admits distributing drugs that resulted in a man's death

Kent Fox
Court News 1280x720.png
Posted at 6:59 PM, Oct 28, 2021
and last updated 2021-10-28 21:09:57-04

GREAT FALLS — Kent Fox, accused of distributing methamphetamine and fentanyl that led to the death of a person in 2020, admitted to the charges in federal court in Great Falls on Wednesday, October 27, 2021.

Acting U.S. Attorney Leif Johnson said in a news release that Fox, 48 years old, pleaded guilty to distribution of controlled substances resulting in death.

The government alleged in court documents that on August 23, 2020, Great Falls police officers were dispatched to a camper trailer and found a man, identified as "John Doe," deceased.

Fox was at the scene, was friends with Doe, and had last seen him two days earlier. He went to check on Doe and found him deceased.

The investigation determined that Fox, Doe, and co-defendant Brandie Rae Fulbright had discussed the use and distribution of various drugs.

In an interview with law enforcement officers, Fox admitted to picking up Doe on August 21, 2020, and taking him to his home so that Doe could buy meth from Fulbright.

Doe traded an AR-15 rifle to Fulbright in exchange for some meth and two blue pills. Fulbright then gave the rifle to Fox, and Fox returned Doe to his camper.

Investigators learned that Doe had the meth and two blue pills when he returned home and gave some of the meth to an individual.

The individual saw Doe inject himself with meth obtained from Fox and then slump over on his bed.

An autopsy determined that Doe died from an overdose of a combination of meth and fentanyl.

Fulbright has pleaded not guilty to charges and is pending trial.

Brandie Rae Fulbright

Fox faces a mandatory minimum 20 years in prison, a $1 million fine, and three years of supervised release.

Chief U.S. District Judge Brian Morris presided and set sentencing for February 24, 2022. Fox remains in custody.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Starnes is prosecuting the case, which was investigated by the FBI and Great Falls Police Department.