Kadin Hawkeye Lewis has been charged with one count of deliberate homicide after a body was found near Emigrant on Monday, September 19, 2022.
Park County Sheriff Brad Bichler said that at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, deputies responded to a report of a body discovered in a camper in the 1300 block of East River Road.
The victim has been identified as 32-year old Casey Anderson.
Lewis was taken into custody just after 3 p.m. on Monday.
Charging documents say that Anderson died of apparent gunshot wounds.
The document also said that Lewis reportedly told a family member that he "messed up and mentioned a gun." The witness also said that Lewis had burned his clothing that contained the victim's blood.
An Emigrant resident who did not wish to be identified said that a "shock wave" went through the community on Monday, calling it a "sad day" for Emigrant.
Lewis' next court hearing is scheduled for October 11, 2022.
- Suspect charged: Great Falls DUI crash
- Moving scam hits Montana family
- Great Falls man charged rape of teen
- Roadhouse Diner up for big award
- Recent obituaries on KRTV
- O'Haire Motor Inn: retro roots
- Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch opens