GREAT FALLS — Business owners and organizations illuminated the Great Falls area community with their plans for the new year at "Ignite 2020," an event at Meadowlark County Club on Friday.
Ax throwing. Brazilian food. Even the possibility of a parkour track - all of these new ideas planting roots into the Great Fall area.
From fiber optic internet to new eateries to a virtual reality studio, dozens of people and organizations are working to make their dreams realities this year.
“It’s really exciting,” said 14-year-old Chase Morgan, Owner and Operator of ‘Chase Your Dreams’, a new virtual reality studio set to open in downtown Great Falls early February. “It’s crazy to have a first job as a business owner."
Speakers said not only will new businesses bring in revenue, but also provides jobs and benefits for residents.
A new partnership highlighted on Friday focuses on tasty bites and brews, and benefits all parties involved.
“We're going to open up a business called 'MT Pints’ at the current location of The Front Brew Pub and (the former) Big Mouth Barbecue,” said MT Pints owner Nate Weisenberger.
While Big Mouth is leaving its West Bank location, it doesn't mean the end to good food and service. Knox says his old space is in good hands: "Montana products - so Montana beef. Montana beer. Montana spices in the recipes that we use,” said Weisenberger. MT Pints opens Tuesday at the former Big Mouth Barbecue location.
"It'll be cold out, but we really hope people brave the weather and come out and enjoy it,” said Weisenberger, referring to next week's predicted sub-zero temperatures.
From hotel renovations at the Greystone Inn and a Love’s Travel Stop to a new Benefis Womens & Childrens Outpatient Clinic - attendees said Friday the future of business is looking bright across all sectors in Great Falls.
“Super excited,” said Morgan. “Very, very excited for everything. Very fortunate.”
Nearly two dozen businesses and organizations presented updates and new projects at Ignite 2020; below are several other highlights:
- Chase Your Dreams, a virtual reality arcade, plans to open on February 1st at 316 Central Avenue. It's the brainchild of North Middle School student Chase Morgan. Click here to visit the website.
- Five On Black restaurant is just weeks away from opening in Great Falls. The Missoula-based chain plans to open in mid-February at West Bank Landing. Five On Black describes itself as a "fast casual Brazilian restaurant." The Great Falls location will be the fifth in the state; there are also two locations in Colorado. To learn more about Five On Black and the food they serve, you can visit their website.
- Axe-throwing is growing in popularity across the country, and is about to land in Great Falls. Carved Axe Throwing plans to open soon at 1900 4th Street NE.
- The Greystone Inn (formerly the Triple Crown Inn) at 621 Central Avenue is about to get a big makeover and a name change. By the end of 2020, if all goes as planned, it will be re-branded as The Gibson, described by Ty Rollins (a franchisee of Choice Hotels) as a "boutique hotel."
- Central Avenue Meats is on track to open in April or May at 422 Central Avenue, featuring custom meat cuts. They are working with McCafferty Ranch of Belt to provide grass-fed beef year-round, and using a hydroponic plant to keep beef on grass all year.
We will keep you updated as progress is made on these and other ventures.