GREAT FALLS — A fire broke out on Friday at 1915 6th Avenue North in the alley.
Great Falls Fire Rescue crews arrived at about 7 p.m. to find a shed and camper in the alley on fire.
Firefighters had to battle many obstacles in the yard, along with the bitterly cold temperatures, but they were able to quickly control the fire before it spread to neighboring properties.
There were no injuries due to the fire. There is no word at this point on the dollar amount of damage.
Mike McIntosh, Great Falls Fire Marshal, said in a news release that the cause of the fire has been determined to be unintentional, as it was caused by improper fueling techniques of a portable generator.
- RELATED: Fire destroys Great Falls house