GREAT FALLS — Several people reported that they heard gunshots overnight in Great Falls.
We contacted the Great Falls Police Department this morning, but they were not able to provide any information.
Some of the messages that were posted on the KRTV Facebook page:
- Matthew Daniels at 12:15 am: Anyone else hear possible gunshots somewhere downtown?
- Kim Stewart at 12:17 am: Just heard gun shots somewhere between 8th Ave S 9th St. Anyone else hear it? Sounded like 22 lr.... was like 5 rounds.
- Zayna Jennison at 1:11 am: My boyfriend texted me around 12:15 and said he heard them, "shots started going off and somebody yelled, sounded like half a block down," and he's near 11th and 7th.
- Becky Kukay at 5:40 am: Why isn't there any info about a shooter in great falls last night. Nothing to alert the public from news or police. After 5 shots fired a speeding car sound. Called 911 and they said they had numerous calls. The public can help in letting police know if they are see anything if they are aware.
We will continue trying to get information and post an update if we get any details.
On August 24, police responded to reports of a possible drive-by shooting. It happened just after 10 p.m. in the vicinity of Valeria Way and 5th Avenue South, between 16th Street and 17th Street.
Police investigated and found several shell casings in the area, but did not find any evidence of anyone being shot or injured, nor was there evidence of any property damage.
At this point, they believe that someone fired several shots in the air from a vehicle.
Several people contacted KRTV to ask about the incident.
Among the messages:
- i heard gunshots and a ton of sirens about 30 minutes ago
- 4 cop cars on the 1600 block of 5th avenue South. Anyone know what's happening?
- Any idea what's going on by Parkdale? Around 17th St and 5th Ave So? I heard there were shots fired and police and ambulance on scene.
- about 6 cop cars at the corner of 16th and 5th ave s
- Any news on the supposed drive by shooting in parkdale last night? It's all over social media