MISSOULA — Mineral County Sheriff's deputies were called on Friday to the Henderson exit of I-90 for a report of a bag of marijuana being found.
Sheriff Mike Toth estimates the that the bag weighs about 200 pounds.
He said a 'Good Samaritan" called in the tip to authorities who found it lying open near the exit at about 11 p.m.
There are no markings on the commercial-sized bag to identify the owner of the marijuana.
Transporting marijuana is illegal.
Toth said they will keep the marijuana for about a week to see if anyone claims it. If it's not claimed, it will be destroyed.
- Suspect dies after being shot in GF
- Obituary: Sharon Lee Hertzig
- Crews tackle wildfire in Teton County
- How common are tornadoes in Montana?
- 3 men charged with raping a woman