MISSOULA — Two people sustained minor injuries after a twin-engine plane crash-landed on the road near the Saint Ignatius airport on Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
It happened at approximately 12 p.m.
Lake County Sheriff Don Bell says the pilot reported a failure in one of his plane's engines shortly after taking off from the airport.
The plane was headed toward a house and power lines, but the pilot managed to avoid both.
The wing did hit one of the guide-wires on the way down, seriously damaging the Piper Twin Comanche.
Sheriff Bell says the pilot demonstrated great skill in getting the plane down, with no one seriously hurt.
- Motorcyclist dies in Great Falls crash
- Great Falls Snow-August 1992 (video)
- Hi-Line shelter takes in 22 rescued dogs
- Woman burglarizes elderly couple
- Obituary: Daniel Thomas Gerhart
- New businesses in Great Falls