YAKIMA, Wash. — A 20-year-old soldier has died after a training exercise in Washington.
Private First Class Joseph Marquez with the U.S. Army was based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Yakima.
Maquez was from Dover, Delaware and a member of the 2-2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team, Seventh Infantry Division.
The combat team posted on Facebook, saying Marquez died after a training exercise this week. “He was pronounced dead on the scene,” the post said.
Two other soldiers were also hurt during the training incident at the Yakima Training Center.
The injured soldiers were treated at a hospital and released.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
- 13 people arrested in Polson drug raid
- Arrest made in the murder of Sidney man
- Sheriff's Office has "LightsOn" campaign
- Harlem teacher allegedly raped student
- Shooting victim near Essex identified
- Great Falls mom opens new daycare