GREAT FALLS — On Tuesday, December 22, Great Falls Fire Rescue will host a "reverse" holiday parade in downtown Great Falls. The event is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. in front of the Civic Center at 2 Park Drive South, and last until about 3 p.m.
A news release from the Great Falls Police Departments says that first responders will create a bright and cheery display with their emergency vehicles near the City’s Christmas tree in front of the Civic Center. Santa Claus will be there, too.
People are encouraged visit the display and show off their holiday spirit with a wave or honk as they drive by.
Reverse Holiday Parade Rules
- Drivers must adhere to all traffic laws, including the traffic signal at Central Ave and Park Dr
- Drivers are encouraged to drive slowly past the display but may not stop and impede traffic
- Participants must not get out of vehicles or approach the display on foot
- Drivers may not use an electronic device to take photos/video while their vehicle is in use
- All relevant COVID precautions must be adhered to
The GFPD says that if the display starts to cause traffic hazards or issues the event may be ended early.