A Montana newspaper company made up of 13 newspapershas been sold to a company in Minnesota.
The Adams Publishing Group based in Coon Rapids, Minnesota, will purchase Yellowstone Newspapers, which began with the Miles City Star in 1957, the two companies announced jointly Monday.
The deal also includes:
- The Laurel Outlook
- The Big Horn County News
- The Carbon County News
- The Livingston Enterprise
- The Glendive Ranger-Review
- The Lewistown News-Argus
- The Dillon Tribune
- The Big Timber Pioneer
- The Stillwater County News
- The Terry Tribune
- The (Forsyth) Independent Press
- The Judith Basin Press.
Adams already owns newspapers in Bozeman and Belgrade.
According to the Adams website, the two companies reached an agreement last Friday and the sale is expected to be finalized on November 1.
- Glacier County: 1 dead after shooting
- Halloween events in Great Falls
- Great Falls man charged with rape
- Great Falls woman opens bakery
- Woman died at Great Falls church
- 3 dead in Judith Basin County crash
- Survivors recount grizzly attack