A 27-year-old Dillon man died on Sunday, July 31, 2022, when the motorcycle he was driving crashed head-on into another vehicle.
It happened along Montana Highway 43 near mile marker 70, just west of the community of Dewey
A Montana Highway Patrol report states the man was negotiating a curve when speed or road conditions caused the motorcycle to go into the westbound lane where a Ford F-150 was traveling.
The driver of the Ford tried to stop and avoid the motorcycle but was unable to avoid the bike.
The victim - whose name has not been released at this point - died at the scene. According to the MHP, the man was not wearing a helmet.
The 77-year old driver of the Ford was not injured, and was wearing a seatbelt.
The MHP does not believe that alcohol and/or drugs were factors in the crash.
- Man charged with sexual assault of children
- FWP on Great Falls mountain lion incident
- MT teen adds clothing to ag business
- 1 person shot at Walmart in Bozeman
- Woman dies after falling through skylight
- POLL: $3.5M public safety levy
- New restaurant for downtown Great Falls