GREAT FALLS — As of Wednesday morning (April 22), there have been a total of 439 confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Montana, an increase of two since Tuesday. The two new cases are in Missoula County and Yellowstone County.
- There have been 14 deaths in Montana to date. There have been six deaths in Toole County, two in Cascade County, two in Flathead County, and one each in Lincoln County, Madison County, Missoula County, and Yellowstone County.
- There have now been 59 hospitalizations to date of COVID-19 patients in Montana; 13 of those are considered "active (current) hospitalizations."
- There have been a total of 296 recovered patients to date. The number of recoveries by county has not been released at this point.
- The DPHHS public health lab has completed 11,583 tests for COVID-19, including 342 tests since Tuesday's update.
PHASED RE-OPENING: Governor Steve Bullock will conduct a news conference on Wednesday at noon to provide details on Montana’s plan for a "phased and gradual" re-opening. Click here to read more.
TOOLE COUNTY: Toole County confirmed its sixth COVID-19 death on Wednesday. To date, there have been 29 confirmed cases in Toole County, and 17 patients are now listed as recovered. On a per-capita basis, Toole County has been hit harder than any other county in Montana by the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to read more.
CASCADE COUNTY: The City-County Health Department in Great Falls said on Monday that a second Cascade County resident has died due to COVID-19. The person was a man over the age of 65 with underlying health conditions, according to a news release from the CCHD. There have been 13 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Cascade County to date.
PROTEST: Several hundred people gathered in Helena on Sunday to protest COVID-19 restrictions and closures; click here to read more.
THE REBOUND: MONTANA: We know the COVID-19 pandemic is changing our community. To keep you and your family informed as we move forward, we're beginning a new series of reports. They are stories that will help all of us navigate through these uncertain times. In the coming weeks and months, we'll be focusing on “The Rebound: Montana.” It is a series of reports, videos, and information that show our commitment to stories that will help you as our communities begin to rebound - from what you'll need to know when it's time to go back to work, to how those in the community continue to step up and help others.
- Sixth COVID-19 death reported in Toole County
- Governor set to provide update on "phased re-opening"
- "Honor flight" pays tribute to COVID-19 victims in Shelby
- Emergency Housing Assistance Program launches in Montana
Getting Back To WorkLearn about the latest job openings, how to file for benefits and succeed in the job market.
Making Ends MeetFind help on topics from rent to food to new belt-tightening techniques.
Managing the PressureFeeling isolated or frustrated? Learn ways to connect with people virtually, get counseling or manage your stress.
Doing What’s RightKeep track of the way people are spending your tax dollars and treating your community.
State of EducationFind ways to cope with the new normal around schools and celebrate students’ success in the age of Coronavirus.
We're OpenSupport local businesses doing their best to stay open and serve their customers during Covid.