NewsGreat Falls News


No injuries in overnight fire in Great Falls

No injuries in overnight fire in Great Falls
No injuries in overnight fire in Great Falls
Posted at 11:38 AM, May 22, 2024

There were no injuries to any people or pets in a fire in Great Falls on Wednesday, May 24, 2024.

Great Falls Fire Rescue said in a news release that firefighters were dispatched just after 1a.m. to the fire on the 1800 block of First Avenue South.

An attached garage was on fire and the fire was threatening the house.

All occupants of the home and all of their pets had safely escaped the house.

GFFR had nine personnel, three fire engines, and one ladder truck assigned to the fire.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire in 15 minutes.

The fire caused extensive damage to the garage and portions of the house.

The American Red Cross was notified and assisted the residents in finding housing for the night.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an unattended electric smoker located next to the garage.

Emily Burns, one of the people in the house, is preparing for her wedding - but isn't letting the fire derail the big event. She posted on Facebook on Wednesday afternoon:

It’s been a very overwhelming day for our family we are so thankful for the people in our corner and everyone that has reached out please know we appreciate all the love so much! Our insurance got us put up in a hotel for the next few days until we can restore power to the house, and the restoration company can get all the soot and what not out so many of our wonderful friends are working on helping us get some decor and figuring out a game plan for food for the wedding you guys know who you are we appreciate that so much it’s so devastating not only for our home but to spend an entire year planning for our dream day for it to be ruined We got this and best believe I’m marry this guy June 1st!

We will update you if we get more information, including any donation drives or fundraisers to help the family.

UPDATE: Click here if you would like to donate to help.