GREAT FALLS — A fire on Tuesday morning caused significant damage to a house, but all occupants were able to escape safely.
Great Falls Fire Rescue said in a news release that the fire happened at 1120 1st Avenue South in the attic.
Crews were able to quickly get the fire under control and prevent it from spreading to nearby structures.
The occupants of the home were able to make it out safely and have been notified of services provided by the American Red Cross and other helping organizations.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be electrical in nature.
We will update you if we get more information, including how people can help the displaced family.
(UPDATE) Holly Hovland has created an online account to help the family. The GoFundMe page states:
This morning around 4:30 am my coworker Kyra Tilson and her 5 kids lost there house in a fire due to a bad wire in her ceiling. The house is a total loss and all there belongings. Any thing will help. It's going to take awhile for insurance and rebuilding. The house was very old and was her grandmother's before she bought it.
You can also contact the American Red Cross if you would like to help: 1-800-ARC-MONT (1-800-272-6668)