HELENA — A child drowned in Lewis & Clark County on Thursday, July 21, 2022.
Emergency responders were called to the 5000 block of Kerr Drive just north of Helena city limits for a report of a drowning victim, according to Lewis & Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton.
The 1-year-old child, Camden Brown, was pronounced dead after resuscitation efforts at Saint Peter’s Hospital, said Dutton.
Dutton said the drowning occurred at a pool at a daycare facility, and has been ruled accidental.
“It’s a tragedy. Our sympathies to the parents and grandparents,” said Dutton.
Dutton says that his office did not recommend any criminal charges, but the Lewis & Clark County Attorney’s Office will review the case.
The child’s funeral will be held in Billings; click here to read the obituary.
No other details have been released. We will update you if we get more information.
- Montana community devastated by tornado
- 3 sentenced for Great Falls child's death
- New restaurant coming to Great Falls
- Bodies recovered from Glacier National Park
- 'Swimmer's itch' reported in Montana lake
- MT State Fair starts Friday in Great Falls