GREAT FALLS — The AMBER Alert for Rhiannon McGuire has been canceled by the Montana Department of Justice at the request of the Flathead County Sheriff's Office.
Michelle Ferguson, Rhiannon's non-custodial mother, has been in contact with law enforcement and is not involved in Rhiannon's disappearance; Michelle and her vehicle are no longer of interest.
Rhiannon is still missing; no other details of her disappearance have been released.
The criteria for an AMBER Alert are:
- There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that a child has been abducted or has disappeared under suspicious circumstances.
- The missing child is age 17 years or younger, or has a proven mental or physical disability.
- The law enforcement agency believes the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
- There is enough descriptive information about the victim and abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
- The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer.
If you have any information on her whereabouts, you're asked to call the Flathead County Sheriff’s office at 406-758-5610.
(1st REPORT, 11:56 a.m.) The Montana Department of Justice has issued an AMBER Alert for 14-year old Rhiannon McGuire of Flathead County.
The suspect is Michelle Ferguson, a 41-year old woman who is 5 foot 6 inches tall, 145 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Michelle is the non-custodial biological mother of Rhiannon, who was taken during the night.
They are believed to be in a white, 2002 Chevrolet Tracker with Montana license plate 7-34286B, possibly heading to Missoula.
The AMBER Alert states that Michelle has mental health issues and is believed to be a threat to the life of her daughter.
If you have any information, you are asked call the Flathead County Sheriff's Office at 406-758-5610, or call 911.