GREAT FALLS — The Gallatin County Sheriff's Office said on Friday that a snowboarder died after a fall on Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
At about 11:30 a.m., Big Sky Ski Patrol received a report of a snowboarder who was unresponsive on the North Summit Snowfield of Lone Mountain after a fall.
Big Sky Ski Patrol and Big Sky Fire Department attempted to revive the man, but were not successful.
The man has been identified as 29-year-old Chandler Pelletier of Belgrade.
Sheriff Dan Springer expressed his sorrow to Mr. Pelletier’s family and friends for their tragic loss.
The Gallatin County Sheriff/Coroner’s Office is conducting the investigation into the cause and manner of death.
This was the second recreation-related death in Gallatin County this week. On Monday, a snowmobiler died in the McAtee Basin area south of Big Sky.
- Houle charged with assaulting several people
- Obituary: Aaron Wayne Kief
- 7 siblings make Meadow Lark Country Club 'family'
- Preview of new apartment complex in GF
- Work begins on new aquatics/rec center in GF