The Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating a deadly shooting that happened near Pryor on Tuesday, August 23, 2022.
The shooting happened after officers responded to what the FBI said was a "domestic situation" at a residence.
"Upon arrival, they determined the subject had taken several people hostage," the FBI said in a news release on Thursday. "The subject, a 32-year-old male, is deceased. Five adults had to receive medical treatment. No BIA officers were injured."
The man was shot by an officer with the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
There is no word at this point on the nature and extent of injuries to the other people.
The name of the man who died has not yet been released.
No other details have been disclosed so far; we will update you if we get more information.
- $1.2M for apartment upgrades
- Road-rage shooting victim identified
- Motorcyclist dies in Great Falls crash
- Hi-Line shelter takes in 22 rescued dogs
- Obituary: Troy Aaron England
- Woman highlights "Montana's Best"