MISSOULA — The Udall family in St. Ignatius had some visitors on Wednesday night as three grizzly bears stopped by.
One of the big bears was seen by the driveway – about 20 yards from the Udall’s house -- just checking things out.
The grizzly bears stayed on their property for about 45 minutes until they eventually wandered down to the creek and went on their way and didn't get into any trouble.
The Udalls were a little concerned about their chickens, but they were okay.
Sara Udall told MTN News that they have lived in St. Ignatius for more than 30 years and have never seen grizzly bears come so close to her house.
- Bear in deadly attack in Ovando has been killed
- Montana man attacked by grizzly bear has died
- Grizzly bears near Choteau and Augusta
- 1 grizzly killed, another relocated for killing cattle
- Three grizzly bears relocated by FWP
- 2 grizzly bears relocated after calf killed
- Great Falls man charged with fourth DUI
- Grizzly bear killed near Augusta
- Casting call for “Yellowstone" TV show
- Voters: marijuana stores in Great Falls?
- 2 people dead in fire at Bridger casino
- Suspect charged for Great Falls fire