BUTTE — The east wall of the Continental Pit at Montana Resources in Butte collapsed at around 11:22 p.m. on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
Officials with Montana Resources say they've been monitoring the wall for several months and expected it to collapse. There were no injuries or damage to equipment, and operations will not be interrupted at the Butte mine.
The Continental Pit is near the Berkeley Pit, on the same Montana Resources property.
Watch a time-lapse of the wall crumbling down:
- GONE: MT Millionaire tix sold out
- 'Dab' overdoses at Billings school
- Teen killed in suspected DUI crash
- Who (and why) killed three cows?
- 'Suspicious' death in Great Falls
- Buy Powerball tickets online?