GREAT FALLS — Montana is a land of contrast in some ways - for example, lush forests in the west, plains in the east - and extreme temperature swings are a hallmark of Big Sky country.
Here are three notable examples:
- December 24, 1924 - Fairfield: 63° to -21° in 12 hours (84° drop)
- January 11, 1980 - Great Falls: temp rose 47° in just 7 minutes
- January 15, 1972 - Loma: -54° to 49° in 24 hours (103° rise)
HOW COLD DID IT GET THIS WEEK?
- How cold was it in Montana?
- Recent Obituaries
- MT extreme temp swings
- MT Pints is shutting down
- Direct flights from GTF to MSP