HELENA — On Wednesday, November 1, Montana Millionaire is back, and this year you have three chances to win a million.
“Montana Millionaire is our annual raffle game. It’s the only one we do throughout the year,” said Daniel Iverson, the Content Manager for the Montana Lottery.
Last year, the 280,000 tickets ($20 each) sold out in less than 30 hours, and two million-dollar prizes were available.
This year, they have increased the number of tickets to 380,000 and added a third million-dollar prize.
The money made from all these tickets is mostly used to cover the prizes, but also covers other expenses.
“We have some operating expenses associated with running this and other games, and then what we make in profit is what contributes to our transfer back to the state of Montana,” Iverson said.
Montana Millionaire also has 4,100 instant win tickets for $100 or $500 dollars.
It also includes two early bird drawings - the first on November 24 for $25,000, and the second on December 15 for $100,000.
The three grand prizes will be drawn on December 26.
“If you want to participate it would be a good idea to go on the first or second day of sales,” Iverson said.
Sales begin on November 1st at 5:30 a.m. “We have more than 1,200 retailers across the state, so there are plenty of options on where to buy it,” said Iverson.
Last year’s two grand prize tickets were sold in Great Falls and Butte.
Previous winners of the Montana Millionaire grand prize are:
- 2020: Megan Thorstenson, Butte
- 2019: Casey Petero, Columbia Falls
- 2018: Richard Mai, Billings
- 2017: Amy Lambert, Butte
- 2016: Daniel Thompson, Great Falls
- 2015: Jack Barisich, Winnett
- 2014: Jeffrey Fallang, East Helena
- 2013: Russell Miller, Columbia Falls
- 2012: Sam Polesky, Laurel
- 2011: Vern & Mara Wallace, Billings
- 2010: William Morse, Billings
- 2009: Dana Delguerra, Great Falls
- 2008: Mike & Carole McGivern, Butte
- 2007: Gary & BJ Klipstein, Billings
Due to a change in legislation, the Montana Lottery is no longer allowed to release names of Montana Millionaire winners unless they have given consent.