GREAT FALLS — The new MT Pints restaurant at 215 3rd Avenue NW opened its doors earlier this week in the building that formerly housed Big Mouth BBQ and The Front.
The building will also serve as the unofficial tap room for Jeremiah Johnson Brewing Company, which operates its secondary production facility next door.
While the location that once featured barbecue now serves up an entirely new Montana menu, beer-lover's favorite brews will remain a staple.
Brewery owner Jeremiah Johnson says the recent partnership allows him to produce even more seasonal brews from his plant downtown and his brewery next door.
"We produce seven beers in that (downtown) plant, so we're going to of course have those here (at MT Pints) for people to enjoy,” he said. “But what we're going to be able to do in the secondary facility is add six, seven more beers to that line up.”
Johnson plans to have more than a dozen seasonal flavors from his two brewery locations on tap at MT Pints.
Some more upcoming and recent business notes to pass along:
- Big Mouth BBQ will consolidate its two previous locations under one roof at the Hi-Ho Tavern; click here for details.
- True Brew announced on Wednesday that it plans open a second store in Great Falls; click here to read more.
- The Pier 1 store in the Great Falls Marketplace will soon close permanently; click here for details.
- A Five On Black restaurant is just weeks away from opening in Great Falls. The Missoula-based chain plans to open in mid-February at West Bank Landing . It is described as a "fast casual Brazilian restaurant." The Great Falls location will be the fifth in the state
- Chase Your Dreams, a virtual reality arcade, plans to open on February 1st at 316 Central Avenue. It's the brainchild of North Middle School student Chase Morgan.
- A second North 40 store opened last week in Great Falls. It's in the space formerly occupied by Kmart and Big Bear.